Angel With The Scabbed Wings [Marilyn Manson cover] - Mix Feedback?

STAT1STICK

Hey guys! I think I finally finished this one today. I started it back in July and just kind of stopped working on it. But, it's been eating at the back of my brain for a while so I decided to get it done once and for all. I'm pretty happy with the mix but I know there's always something that needs to be tweaked. Please give it a listen and let me know if there's anything that sticks out to you. Your feedback is always appreciated. Feel free to critique if you'd like.

Just in case you want to hear the original, here it is: Angel With the Scabbed Wings by Marilyn Manson

Not familiar with the original but think you nailed the Nu Metal tone on the guitars. The kick drum is a slight bit clicky and its bottom end is lost in the mix. The tamborine/cymbal could come up a few db.

Nice work! This is one of the better mixes I've heard here in a while.

Strange, because I was a Marilyn Manson fanatic in 1997. I knew this song well. But upon hearing it on the forum, I find that I don't recognize this! Sounds good anyway though. The only change I'd think to make would be to add a snare that really cracks through. Vocals sound great

Not familiar with the original but think you nailed the Nu Metal tone on the guitars. The kick drum is a slight bit clicky and its bottom end is lost in the mix. The tamborine/cymbal could come up a few db.

Nice work! This is one of the better mixes I've heard here in a while.

You know, I would have to agree with you. I've been listening and listening and I was always thinking that there was something off with the kick. It's now on my to-do list. Thanks for the feedback.

I know that this song wasn't one of the singles from the original album but it was always super powerful when they played it live. So, I tried to capture the essence of the live performance rather than the studio recording.

I'll go back in and see what I can do about that kick drum.

Thanks for listening, guys!

I agree on the kick. Since you are trying for a more live feel verses the studio recording, anything kinda goes. But one thing I noticed between yours and MM is their guitars are flat out in your face, covering up almost everything BUT the kick. Your guitars seem a little bit further back. Regardless, excellent job!

But I saw marliyn manson live April 27 1997 at the Ft wayne memorial Colosseum and I do not remember them playing this song! I thought I knew every song. Is this a total re-work? Like I said I still enjoy it I just am curious

Back