Anesthetic- My latest creation

Sounds pro to me. Good performance, good song, good mix. If I were to suggest anything, it might be to add a little more thump to the kick. To me it sounds clicky and similar to the snare. But, that's a matter of personal taste at this point. It really is a minor nit.

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

I'm with Chili--this sounds pro! You already know that we share a sensibility when it comes to music--and this is no different. This is something I wish I'd written and recorded. Especially since it has vocals--I can't sing to save my life.

Tell us more about the song--the amps, the recording chain, the performance--is that you singing? Sounds good! And of course, how much does the Legacy figure into this one?

+1 kick needs more thump, less click.

Too much reverb on the vox? Or is that just your style and you like it that way? Respect.

Nice, full, punchy guitars.

JJ.

Thanks for the kind comments. Yes I'm guilty of the singing as well as everything else. It took me over a year of recording, mixing, rewriting parts, and re-recording to get what I ended up with. The vocals are actually my scratch tracks. I was just too lazy to record better tracks. The guitar tracks were recorded with a combination of a Carvin Legacy and a Digitech 2120 preamp. The guitars were all double,triple, or quad tracked.
My recording chain is very minimal. It consists of a few inexpensive mics, a ribbon mic that i received from an extremely generous member of this board, an outdated M-Audio soundcard, and a set of headphones. My DAW is Reaper with a massive amount of free VST plugins.
I've learned quite a bit from the people here but I still have much more to learn.

Cool Track

Sounds good!

Thanks for the kind comments. Yes I'm guilty of the singing as well as everything else. It took me over a year of recording, mixing, rewriting parts, and re-recording to get what I ended up with. The vocals are actually my scratch tracks. I was just too lazy to record better tracks. The guitar tracks were recorded with a combination of a Carvin Legacy and a Digitech 2120 preamp. The guitars were all double,triple, or quad tracked.
My recording chain is very minimal. It consists of a few inexpensive mics, a ribbon mic that i received from an extremely generous member of this board, an outdated M-Audio soundcard, and a set of headphones. My DAW is Reaper with a massive amount of free VST plugins.
I've learned quite a bit from the people here but I still have much more to learn.

Good tune, little more bottom would provide some good rounding.

If you ever get up to the task, redoing the vocals would just make it more solid. Anytime you know a song better, your vocals get more relaxed and free flowing.

Nice solid effort.

I quite like the vocals as they are - though there're a few essy spots.
It does sound a little light on the bottom end - that'd probably be a result of monitoring in head phones.
I didn't like the beginning of the solo - the run in part - but the rest of it was fine.
You've done a grand job & it's pretty schmick given this is the 1st airing.

Significantly better though still a tiny bit light on bottom end.
The essing is abvioulsy due to reverb or delay or something like that.
Cool.

Yes, a nice fat bass just slugging along would really go from cool to awesome. Nothing fancy, nice and easy 1/4 to 1/2 note, fingered. Give it a little soul.

I hear the essing, but it isn't really bad. Not sure if the vocals were retracked, but they sound good this round.

Its a cool prog rock song.

Back