ANDROMEDA dark original acoustic piece

Very dark and eerie... some bits reminded me of Pink Floyd, but other bits reminded me of something grungier. Great mood setting.

The doubled vocal has a nice, but there are a bunch of pops, breath noises, mic bumps, etc that could be cleaned up. The vocal level is a little uneven also - sometimes it gets buried. Not sure about the "oohs" at 3:00, and the following "loud" vocals that follow. The oohs are a little pitchy, and the loud vocals don't sound like they're in the same space - maybe add a touch of reverb. The electric guitar bit will be cool once you retrack without the buzz.

Did you use some DI for the acoustic? I hear a little piezo buzziness. The vocal during the acoustic part is hard to distinguish - some EQ on the guitar to make room for the vocal would help. Ar around 1:452 the new guitar that comes in drowns out everything else. Is that the buzz from your elec at 2:39? That really kills the sound. The 'loud part' gets really indistinct between the multi vocals and the harsh electric guitar. Sounds like some clipping on the electric around 4:20.

Awesome song man, vocals are next level. How did you get the soft scream, for lack of a better description? Is that a full shout or just a sort of a chest voice kind of thing?

The DI got to me too, I'd like to hear the guitar on a mic. The electric buzz is a bummer, it sounds like there's a nice performance on that guitar.

This track begs for some percussion in my ears but you made great decisions on this arrangement so I'm not sure it's really needed.

To my ears it could use a bit more hi end. Dynamics are lacking, soft songs like this really benefit from more dynamics to give it texture. I am guessing, but maybe over compressed.

Get some life in the mix could really help the tune.

Back