And today's American mass shooting....

I'm a convicted felon, I can't own a gun, but my wife can.
On a lighter note, the new kitten is a she and she is orange.

Sorry to hear it Porterhouse. We just had the shooting at a local bank less than a month ago. One of the policemen who arrived first on the scene was shot in the head and is still in the hospital in critical but stable condition after a month. He had just graduated from the police academy 10 days before.

Frankly, I just don't understand how any person could do such a thing. I just feel like the more publicity these things get, the more crazies say "hey, that's cool. I could do that!" Monkey see, Monkey do.
Kids today are raised by violent video games by parents who are only happy to have the electronic babysitter. Kids enjoy the shoot ‘em up games so much, as they get older their fascination turns to real guns and real shooting. The connection between violence in games, movies, and TV shows should not be hard for anyone to correlate. Kids come home to empty houses because unlike when I was a kid, Mom is no longer waiting at home cooking dinner. She’s liberated and so are her children. Call me old-fashioned but we didn’t have mass killings every day when I was growing up.

Kids come home to empty houses because unlike when I was a kid, Mom is no longer waiting at home cooking dinner. She’s liberated and so are her children. Call me old-fashioned but we didn’t have mass killings every day when I was growing up.
..its too easy to pick on women. They are defective.

no future together as a people. Thats a pipe dream. We need to find a way to exist in compartmentalization. Survive apart. AS strong individuals. Because I see many who cannot even stand..

E pluribus unam , one out of many.

Rosco's disabled. In a wheel chair. Doin his thing. Man can stand better than half the people I worked with.

I know this has been said before.....but there's no way the authors of the constitution could have envisioned the kind of weapons we have today. Really? An AK47 or the like? They did advocate for a "well regulated militia"....which IMO only....means a controlled situation of people bearing arms. Also....doesn't "regulated" possibly mean......under command control....or registered or....well...many things.....except.......unlimited?

I have a hand gun. I keep it in the house...admittedly ready to use. It could be more secure. I wouldn't want anyone to take it away from me. But I would have no problem if the US outlawed assualt style weapons. Ok...we can debate what "assualt style" means....but you get the point.

So...some will say...ok sure....but that's only the beginning. Eventually they'll take all your guns away. Oh really? I say no....and I'll bet 90% of people like me who do own a gun like mine would say.....no way...over my dead body. It's not all or nothing.

One person can carry an RPG. One person can carry a shoulder mounted missle launcher. One person can throw a grenade. Are those thing ok for people to "bear"? Oh....right....those things cannot be sold to the public.

The right only cares about saying no to anything......who or what they consider the left....or a Democrat. If you're a Republican.....you can't "lose" to a Democrat. No way....no how....win at all costs.....or you're a loser....and you're out. Kids and other people are gonna die. Hey...that's life.....too bad.

The left is no more forgiving....and idotic. They day dream about a "wonderful world"....as if there's no need for self defense. You know that because they have no idea how to fight. They could never lead an army. God forbid.

If this post makes you mad........ok......sorry.....but come on man.

Mick
What the founding fathers did envision were British soldiers and/or sympathizers trying to take back Colonial territory, hence they were okay with well regulated militias. Was there State Police back then? No. The country was young and vulnerable, unlike today.

I had an AR-15 in 1971 issued to me from the U.S. Gov’t, only they called it an M-16 and they gave it to me to kill enemy combatants. We have a nation of people living in fear of each other. As we add more and more guns, the fear factor only increases and the likelihood of someone’s fear and anger getting the best of them, only makes every day life more dangerous for ALL of us.

I had to have some training, pass a written and performance test, have no prohibiting medical conditions, and pay a fee to get a license to drive a car. None of that is required to own any gun, rifle, or shotgun. Some states even legalized silencers! If I’m defending my house, I want anyone behind you to hear the first shots and think twice. What do I need a silencer for, except to assassinate you?!

....was right here in my backyard. About 3 miles from the house. Oh well... just another day in America. Thoughts and prayers and all that....

Keep your head down folks.
Not the gun's fault. There is a sperit at work here in this nation and around the world.

Not the gun's fault. There is a sperit at work here in this nation and around the world.
You're right... it's not the gun's fault.
It is the fault of ineffective law makers, lawmakers that take bribes, and NRA lobbyists that encourage lawmakers to take bribes.
The overwhelming majority WANTS stricter gun controls, background checks etc. but the lawmakers are too scared to do what they were elected to do.
It's bullshit, and every fuckin' day it happens over and over again.

If it wasn't guns, people would just find other ways to kill people. Amirite. A sick, murderous society we live in, people hating others even moreso than they hate themselves.

Not sure exactly where to place the blame. For starters, shot in the dark, I blame Woody Guthrie.

WoodysGuitar.jpg

If it wasn't guns, people would just find other ways to kill people. Amirite. A sick, murderous society we live in, people hating others even moreso than they hate themselves.
Like Dave said. You can’t let it be so easy.

It’s way easier to put up vehicle barriers around populated areas and limit what someone could do with a vehicle than it is to stop someone with a semi auto rifle like an AR15 or similar. Go to any big city, there’s bollards everywhere to stop cars from going in to pedestrian areas. Yeah, people can make pipe bombs etc, but even that is limited by size. The Boston marathon bombers needed 2 large backpacks to kill 3 people, though they did injure a lot.

The fact is that many less people will die if we limit who can have these weapons.

Like I said (but copied from someone else), well regulated militias don’t kill children.

Kids today are raised by violent video games by parents who are only happy to have the electronic babysitter. Kids enjoy the shoot ‘em up games so much, as they get older their fascination turns to real guns and real shooting. The connection between violence in games, movies, and TV shows should not be hard for anyone to correlate. Kids come home to empty houses because unlike when I was a kid, Mom is no longer waiting at home cooking dinner. She’s liberated and so are her children. Call me old-fashioned but we didn’t have mass killings every day when I was growing up.
I saw so many robberies, shootings, hangings, stabbings, you name it, by the time I was twelve in 1964 on TV? My mother was 37 and father 42 when I was born. By twelve they couldn't catch me anymore.

Like Dave said. You can’t let it be so easy.

It’s way easier to put up vehicle barriers around populated areas and limit what someone could do with a vehicle than it is to stop someone with a semi auto rifle like an AR15 or similar. Go to any big city, there’s bollards everywhere to stop cars from going in to pedestrian areas. Yeah, people can make pipe bombs etc, but even that is limited by size. The Boston marathon bombers needed 2 large backpacks to kill 3 people, though they did injure a lot.

The fact is that many less people will die if we limit who can have these weapons.

Like I said (but copied from someone else), well regulated militias don’t kill children.

I can let it be any way I damn well please. It's a fact that people kill in other ways than using a firearm. Why? Somebody said there is a big problem with knives in the UK. Why would that be the case? If they limited who could have those knives far fewer people would die than by, say, blunt force trauma which in most cases I would think requires a longer duration of time.

You know who kills more children than "well regulated militias"? Government trained and equipped armies. Should we disarm them as well?

Listen, I don't know the answer to the problem. Clearly, I do not. But when societal norms and conservative principles are destroyed in favor of "progress", in my estimation that's what you get. On one hand neglecting mental illness, and on the other, hand-in-hand, promoting ludicrous concepts that promote and even celebrate mental illness, reality will become a very ugly thing. We're moving too quickly and too far from the shore, seemingly with little concern for the consequences. Restricting the rights of the sane to save society from the coddled insane doesn't seem to me to be the answer.

Lots of countries have violent video games. Only the US has such a mass shooter issue.

But when societal norms and conservative principles are destroyed in favor of "progress", in my estimation that's what you get. On one hand neglecting mental illness, and on the other, hand-in-hand, promoting ludicrous concepts that promote and even celebrate mental illness,
Pardon? Correct me if I'm mistaken. Are you suggesting that our gun violence issue in this country is a result of liberal/progressive policies and or ideology?

Pardon? Correct me if I'm mistaken. Are you suggesting that our gun violence issue in this country is a result of liberal/progressive policies and or ideology?
That’s how I’m reading it. It’s not guns, it’s the acceptance of lgbtq folks. All this time I thought it was guns.

Back