and-so-it-goes

TMS

let me take you to the beach... :)

As per usual, any feedback is welcome and will be very much appreciated.

-no singing
-guitars
-drums
-bass
-animal presence

Have a good day!
TMS

I'd EQ stuff way differently than you have here. That first guitar sounds cloudy and in serious need of some presence, and the second one as well. The synths lack air. So I guess I'd try cuts on the guitars and maybe some broad judicious boosts on the some of the synths, or maybe some distortion if EQ boosts sounded harsh. Just some ideas.

The tune's got good structure, with enough changes to maintain interest. I think it's work on the actual s-o-u-n-d that would reward you most handsomely with this one.

Thank you, dobro,
for sharing your opinion.
I will look into the guitar EQ.
Do you think that distortion works ok for the first guit?

Second guitar, kind of annoys me...
But when I took it out, the third guitar lost its purpose.
So I left it there.

Im glad you find it interesting :)

I've listened a bunch of times since you put this up.

I like the arrangement and the synth sounds a lot. I could hear this same arrangement being mixed differently and sounding much better though I think...

The two guitar tones are unique and I don't mind 'em so much (I like unique), but the 1st one especially sounds so far back and kind of dull. The drums by comparison are very lite and clean sounding. I just think the drums should be a lot beefier and the guitars less distant. The synths seemed fine to me, but I don't use them or know much about them. Please post up if you do a remix...I'd love to hear it.

Thank you, heatmiser :thumbs up:

I value your feedback and what other guys are saying.
Im thinking to do the mix from scratch and see where it will get me :)
I will take every advise of yours when mixing and will post it here again.

thanks again!

I didn't think the instrument tones fit with the nice relaxing seashore sounds.

for a rhythm, I might keep it simpler. Maybe just a shaker.

Things tend to sound a little muffled. The synths sounded OK. But the guitars, and to a lesser extent the drums, sounded pretty muffled. Too much reverb on things for my personal taste - especially on the guitar.

Thank you TripleM,
I value you honesty!
I'm about to start to do a new mix, maybe replace some instruments.
The song, as it is now has come out not the way I wanted at first :)
I guess I got carried away..

Back