Analog X DX plugins in PA9

Speedy VonTrapp

Does anybody know if Analog X DX typ plugins will work with PA9? I've got to tear a computer down, and put another one together to check it out, and if it won't work, I don't want to take the effort for that right now. ;)

Lazy as can be, I guess.

I hear alot about VST plugins, but the AnalogX plugs are nice and free, so I'm checking those out, but they're DX, so I want to make sure they work before I try messing with it much.

Thanks!

-Speedy

I don't remember actually using any of them. But I had several of them installed with PA9 (and showing up) on 98SE without a problem. Most dx-plugins work fine of course, as dx is Cakewalks native plugin-format.

All DX plugins will work in PA9. However, DXi's will not work in PA9, nor will you be able to use any effect automation.

I can't search these boards for the difference between DX and DXi, because of the word length issue.

What's the difference? Is one just a newer version of the other?

I believe the i stands for instrument. Basically I think the difference is that DXi cand handle midi-input as well. Think softsynths.

DX is a short for Direct X effects, and the AnalogX DX effects should work fine with PA9.

VST is effects too, but in Steinbergs format. They won't work in PA9 without a VST-to-DX adapter.

DXi is DirectX instruments. They won't work in PA9.

Back