Analog --> Digital converter for RNP ??

expatCanuck

Greetings.

If I have some modest mics (SM-57, SM-58, AT-2020) feeding an RNP preamp, what would be a comparably cost-effective way to get the signal to the computer with decent fidelity?

Thanks.

- Richard

What are you looking to spend? There are converters in all price ranges, so it's tough to make a recommendation without knowing your budget.

Under $300.

While the RNP ($500) is on my short list, I don't yet have it. I'd certainly be open to a combination preamp.

Currently, I have the m-Audio mobilePre, which is adequate for the $100 it cost, but the recordings are a bit hissy. I'd like to do better, but I can't justify $500 for (say) an RNP and $800 for (say) a Lucid 9624.

- Richard

I'm selling a Delta 66 plus an Omni mixer (with two DMP2 preamps) for that amount, if you're interested. Check out my thread in the for-sale forum.

Fab

Why don't you just get an apogee duet? Two channels of good preamps and very good conversion for $500 new, or $400 used. It's the best you will do for your budget. I have one and they are very nice.

If you can find a used Alesis DI/O converter, that would be a good budget converter for you. It does AD and DA conversion.

Back