An instrumental

Jimtl

This is my first attempt using a new Presonus Firestudio Mobile with Studio One Software.

SoundClick artist: JimTL - page with MP3 music downloads

FWIW ... everything was recorded direct -- no mics. For future projects I'll be using mics ... I just wanted to see if I could get something recorded and uploaded. The ending is a bit rough -- I may go back a fade the ending, but for now ... it'll do.

I used my Univalve with a hotplate & a Hughes & Ketner red box speaker simulator. I also used Amplitude amp simulator plug in and that seemed to help the tone a bit. On the acoustic I used A fishman Aura pedal. I noticed the acoustic sound degraded quite a bit when I converted it to MP3, but it is what it is.

Jimtlin Posts: 31Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:55 am

Hey! That was nice! I like the way you end your phrases on the blues licks...reminds me of a certain guy, Gatemouth? who used to do those quick flourishes and down slide like that. Don't hear it often. Y' got a nifty, rare 'voice' there.

Anyway, I liked it.

Not bad. Not too keen on that drum intro, it's not in keeping with the song. Sounded more like an opening for a country song. Apart from that, really enjoyable :cool:

Not bad. Not too keen on that drum intro, it's not in keeping with the song. Sounded more like an opening for a country song. Apart from that, really enjoyable :cool:

Thanks for the constructive feed back ... I did that intro as a count in before I figured out how to use the metronome ... I'm still learning how to operate the software and I appreciate the hints!

Back