An idea that I wanted to throw out there!!!

Richie2708

Dis Member
I have been a member now for quite a few months. And I have been warmly welcomed and always come here for advice and knowledge whenever I need it. I try to offer advise too, as long as my current skill level and ability allow. I have been producing now for friends for the past 4 years, and have since moved onto servicing some paying customers.

I don’t market myself up there with the big boys with the fancy equipment, but aim my sights more realistically at people that want to create either a demo cd, or are just trying to proove to themselves that they have some musical talent. Sometimes they want to make a CD to give to grandparents or other family members. I am essentially the first step that they take. Hence the company name ‘First Step Music Productions’.

I have a youtube account that is getting reasonable hits, and a facebook page that is constantly increaseing its fan base as time moves on.

Anyway I wanted to speak with other Progect & home studio owners to see if they would be interested in using both the ‘First Step Music Productions’ name and social networks to showcase their artist’s material and services.

This differs from bandspace and myspace because it is aimed at increasing the value and potential, and impact that small Recording Studio’s can make upon society.

Benefits:

Massively added oppurtunities for the artists that we produce
Brand Awareness
Larger listening base
Bigger Fan Base
Reduced admin costs
Larger geographical coverage
Increased artist oppurtunities
More Clients
Greater impact on Record Studios and Media
Better page activity
Massive Community

Just an idea at the moment, like I said. Any views?????

Not a bad idea. I'm not going to join though haha. But an idea like this is really weird. If the idea is successful and you have more customers, you won't be "First Step Music Productions" anymore, you will become a larger and more expensive studio correct?

Well I'd buy more equipment, but probably aim my sights at the same marketplace....the main reason for doing something like this is giving more commercial influence to the smaller studio.

I see. But how much equipment will you buy? If your buying enough for a full blown studio, your going to stay in the same market place? Your going to have all the equipment and it's not going to be a day job? Now if you don't buy a lot of equipment, I will understand, and I wish you the best of luck!

This sounds like a great idea. I don't see why not. I mean everybody needs to start somewhere and taking the 'First Step' could be very beneficial. I might do something like that around these parts when I get the chance. I just want to learn and get better.

Gr8 Addison, if your interested in pooling ideas and listeners, let me know.

@ Crowsoffritz... I think your missing the point....The reason for the idea is to help small music studios like myself gain additional fans, and a wider listening base. I figure that if there was a network of small studios all running together and pooling all their music and fans, there would be a greater amount of coverage, and a bigger impact on society. It could help us gain recognition form record companies, radio stations. Not to mention be a great plus point for young artists who are looking for that little bit more then just a mixed down demo cd. You could also offer them a potential audience to kick start their music journey.

Whether I better myself by doing this is immaterial. Plus if it did work out, wouldn't that be a good reason to stay within this market sector???

Gr8 Addison, if your interested in pooling ideas and listeners, let me know.

@ Crowsoffritz... I think your missing the point....The reason for the idea is to help small music studios like myself gain additional fans, and a wider listening base. I figure that if there was a network of small studios all running together and pooling all their music and fans, there would be a greater amount of coverage, and a bigger impact on society. It could help us gain recognition form record companies, radio stations. Not to mention be a great plus point for young artists who are looking for that little bit more then just a mixed down demo cd. You could also offer them a potential audience to kick start their music journey.

Whether I better myself by doing this is immaterial. Plus if it did work out, wouldn't that be a good reason to stay within this market sector???

I see. I only mention not to stay in that marketing sector because i live near a studio that went out of business because they bought an expensive board and they didn't really raise their prices to pay for it. They ended up closing. That's all I would be worried about. Now, i'm assuming that if your going to stay in the business with starting musicians, your not going to buy a 100,000 dollar board. So i guess my statements are really pointless. Again I wish you the best of luck!

Thx crows, your right though, there's upgrading my gear and then there's UPGRADING my gear. I'll make sure I keep it within reason.

@Nakken. Got your email m8, and I am just finalizing ideas with a colleague. Will email you soon :)

Back