An Empty Glass

Richard King

This was shot in the dark of the band Voodoo playing LIVE at Waldo's in Vero Beach, Fl. Recording audio was done to multitrack and replaced the camera microphone. The band still plays every Wed evening at Waldo's and they are very good. This was shot as an experiment on my part and was the only video shot that night. Audio for the whole night was recorded LIVE and turned out quite well. The bass player only sings about 4 songs all night. The band's normal material comes from Crosby, Stills and Nash, and several similar bands from that era. If you want more of their music samples try page 2 on my website. Enjoy.

Oops, I wanted to put this in another thread... but I blew it. Enjoy and comment anyway. ;-)

actually i like the guitar playing (prolly not what would be expected coming from a hip hop bruva) but i like it.. the video is cool too.. not sure if you would actually try this, but it would really make it into a "commercial video" if you got some footage of the band SOMEWHERE else and edited the whole thing .. even if the footage was like backstage before and after and driving to the event..
just a thought... im really gettin to dig into the idea of creating videos so..i tend to spazz out n go geekfest a bit! lol
WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE. please go to this page https://www.facebook.com/Gully.Jewelz.DMV and comment about the song TURN IT UP

Being the old geezer (62) that I am, I'm not a fan of hip hop music, however, you did a great job on this song. Very nicely instrumently balanced, understandable vocals, and, once again, very good vocal balances, even with voices moving left to right. I'm certainly glad that you enjoyed the guitar player on the song that I recorded and video taped. The guitar player played with the fellow who wrote the song for several years. The writer and original performer died of suicide a couple of weeks after his wife died naturally. A very sad story. The original writer was named Gary Stewart and he was quite successful on the country charts. That was the only song I videoed that night and it was done as I was recording the audio. Next time I'll video some more and take some of your suggestions. It might be interesting to shoot the song in the daytime and merge it with the night shooting. I really appreciate just about any suggestions. I'm off to see the same band this evening, but not recording. They play about 2 blocks from my house every Wed. evening here in Vero Beach, Fl. Should be there in about 45 minutes or so, whenever I decide to get up. They're an excellent band with an amazing lead guitar player.

Back