Ampeg SVT

My mouth is watering for an Ampeg SVT or V4B plugin from Plugin Alliance but wow.. $149 is way outta my current budget. I have DL'd demos and they sounded great with my Yamaha bass - that original Ampeg growl. I'm eager to hear how it sounds with the Jazz bass. I'll hang on, waiting for another one of their $19 or $29 sales.. maybe.. hopefully..
What platform are you on? I have the Line 6 Helix - and I can get the SVT sound pretty easily.

What platform are you on? I have the Line 6 Helix - and I can get the SVT sound pretty easily.
I'm on AmpliTube 4 & 5, which also offers their own version of Ampeg's SVT Suite for $99. Looks good but for that price I'd rather go with Ampeg's models, whenever they go on sale again.

Yes. Line 6 Developed the Ampeg VST Suite. Those same exact models (as well as the Metalurgy VST models) are in the newest Helix Native.

The Ampeg SVT Suite is awesome and worth the money from personal experience. I have not tried others so have no real opinion there.

As a bass player, and one that records others music as well, I was very impressed with how good the Ampeg SVT stuff sounded very close to the real physical ones that I recorded in house. Same bass guitar, 2 rigs, 3 mics, direct signal thru the SVT VST.

Last edited:
I did do a free trial on one of the Ampeg bass amps last year, can't recall which. I thought it sounded like my old rig. I'm hooked.

What about IK Tonex? I think that has SVT.
Looking through their list, I see at least 4 SVT versions, along with other models. I think it's odd that they're using the same UI for all the SVT models and it doesn't really have that Ampeg look, whereas the Marshalls and Fenders closely match their counterparts. Maybe it's a copyright thing.

Attachments

• TONEX_Premium_Tone_Models.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
Looking through their list, I see at least 4 SVT versions, along with other models. I think it's odd that they're using the same UI for all the SVT models and it doesn't really have that Ampeg look, whereas the Marshalls and Fenders closely match their counterparts. Maybe it's a copyright thing.

Yes, it's a copyright thing and it's just a "generic" looking skin for Ampeg-esque Bass Amps. ToneX is great, you should download the Free ToneX CS version, you can only download 20 user profiles, so choose wisely (Demo them first before downloading from Tone.net). There are a bunch of user Bass captures. Anyhow while Helix Native is a huge package and includes those Ampeg & Metalurgy VST Suites in the most recent update... I still like the "look" of the standalone VST Suite plugins over the boring Helix layout, so... if money was no issue, I'd get the Ampeg VST with the fancy UI myself. ;)

I've been going over the Tonex versions to see which amp models are included with each. It appears they've only provided a chart listing included models with the free CS version. The downloaded tone model chart doesn't list which 400 Premium models are included with the "Tonex" version. Maybe I didn't dig deep enough..

I've been going over the Tonex versions to see which amp models are included with each. It appears they've only provided a chart listing included models with the free CS version. The downloaded tone model chart doesn't list which 400 Premium models are included with the "Tonex" version. Maybe I didn't dig deep enough..

CS is FREE, SE is everything from CS/SE , Reg (ToneX) is CS/SE/Reg (first column in the PDF), and MAX is all of them (so far) from CS/SE/REG/MAX... Note: SE/Reg/MAX also include UNLIMITED Tone.net User Downloads (CS FREE version is limited to 20 User Downloads).

Last edited:
Aha! I see. What threw me off was the chart using CS, SE and Max for their respective versions, but nothing as obvious correlating to the "Tonex" version - they use REG. Some days you can't see the forest for the trees. I can work with that :D

Last edited:
Back