Amp to go with Tannoy Reveal?

redCashion

Hi, I've been searching the archives but can't find a thread that just deals with which amp to get for a passive pair of monitors like the tannoy reveals. Is it that unimportant? If not, can you suggest an amp that would work well with it?

Sorry about leaving that out, I would like to spend $200ish on them, maybe up to $300 if there is something that will make a tremendous difference.

Thanks...

I am running an Alesis RA-150 with my Reveals, obviously a Hafler would be "nicer" but the budget wouldn't allow it. The Alesis sounds fine and there is absolutley no background hiss or noise so it will do me for now.

:cool:

Ah, I was just going to post a question about the Hafler 1100s...so I guess the 1600s it is then. Is the issue with the 1100s that they are underpowered?

not really underpowered, but i know i have to go to about 7 to REALLY push my ProtoJ's.....those Reveals are a tad bigger and the extra power may be needed....id try to buy somewhere where they let you try it out first just to make sure its enuff.........

Gidge, I wanted to mention that you rock for posting that link (and giving good advice)...free shipping is something I love :)

Back