Amp Shopping, 400-650 range

mastahnke

Linux Man...
I just sold a couple amps and am looking to get a new one. I am most interested in the Motion-Sound guitar amp because of the rotating speaker. Anyone have one of these? There are only a couple reviews on Harmony-Central and I guess I would just like to know more.

The other amps I really like are the VOX AC15 which is hard to find right now (though I have no problem buying used), and I think that is about it. ...

I like the mid-late 60s Fender sound and most Vox type sounds. I am not so much a Marshall, Boogie fan. There are tons of small amp companies out there that MF and the local GC don't carry that I would love to hear more about. I guess I am just looking for something different. Any input?

MIKE

If high gain is the part you do not like about the Marshall sound, you could checkout less popular Plexi-type Marshall. The 1987x head or the 1962 combo.

i havent seen much mention around here about them, but this saturday i picked up a new Crate GLX-212...120W, 3 channels, 2 12" speakers... $500...its the first "serious" amp ive ever owned, and i love it...i checked out the marshall MG100 combo and half stack...a couple fenders....the line 6...in that price range the Crate blew them away...even our "tube snob" audiophile lead guitar player was impressed with it...said its the best sounding solid state amp hes heard...
my $.02...as a newb...just starting in my first band as a guitar player

Back