Amp repair in Indy

Louddog

Anybody know a trustworthy, reasonable amp repair shop or someone who works on tube amps in the Indianapolis (Northside) area?

Doug

Unless something's happened to them, Uncle Albert's has always been considered THE place to have your amp worked on or modified, especially tube amps. I think they're always backed up, though. Just what I've heard. There's a guy out in Plainfield that's supposed to be competent. Not northside, but I'll try to get his name for you. You should try pm-ing guitar junkie, he should know of someone. I'll give him a try, too.

What do you have, and what is it that needs done?

---------- Post added at 08:36 ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 ----------

Try Slowrider, too. I think he's up in your area. I'm on the far westside, Eagle Creek area.

Well, I trust the guy that owns Six Strings Down in Plainfield, and he has someone that he trusts to do work for them. They fixed my 70's Univox Super Fuzz, and I wouldn't trust that to just anybody. But you should try Uncle Albert's first. They've got a stellar reputation, they just might not be in any particular hurry to get to it. They're not real big on communication, and hard to get ahold of sometimes, but like I said, they're suppposed to be top-notch. I'll try to find some other names, too. I've got a '65 Vibro Champ that I've been meaning to take to Albert's for years, now. Maybe this is a good time to do it.

Back