amp modeling

If your budget is tight you could check out the Bass V-Amp. I don't ever recommend too many Behringer products but the modelers work well.

Not everyone agrees on this one. I bought a J-Station in about 1999 that I still use. They are not sold in stores anymore but they pop up on e-bay and Harmony Central once in a while. It has both guitar and bass amp models, and since I do it all myself and like the way it sounds it works for me. You just have to try them all and see what you like.You can check out my sounds at.
http://www.mixcellaneous.com/MP3Page.htm
All guitar and bass sounds are from the J-Station.

Amp Modeling

I use a Line 6 75W Spider II amp. Has a digital sound but can be adjusted a fair degree for clean recording. I find it to be a good solution to my low budget studio. :o

Another vote for the late J-Station. If you use it with the computer J-Edit GUI you can do remarkable things with this small unit. A pro engineer and producer I know in Hollywood first alerted me to this device, which he was using for recording guitar and bass for major studio TV & movie soundtracks. I haven't heard anyone else get the sounds out of it that he did, but that's why he was getting the big bucks, right? :D The sounds are in there, you just have to be smart enough to get them out! The factory presets are just trash for demo-ing extreme effects.

It has some features other modelers in the same price range don't have and is a pretty high-quality unit. I have one of the last US-made ones firmware upgraded to the final 2.0 release.

Your choice in modelers will also depend on the paricular sounds you are after. The J-Station works excellently for the sort of stuff I'm doing, for both guitar and bass. There are very good amp and cab models in there for both.

Back