amp mod question: reverb retrofit.

MatchBookNotes

I took apart my little fender frontman 15 to use as a mini cab for my tube amp because it was same watt/amp. The amp though has spring reverb, with a spring unit, would there be any way to put that into my tube amp as a functional reverb, could I take out the tremelo and have the switches control that. i imagine its very complicated but i'm willing to practice other builds/mods to acquire the necessary skill, i have soldering experience and want to learn to build my own circuits. do I have to find ciruit scimatics and learn to drain voltage safely from the caps?

thanks a lot :)

I took apart my little fender frontman 15 to use as a mini cab for my tube amp because it was same watt/amp. The amp though has spring reverb, with a spring unit, would there be any way to put that into my tube amp as a functional reverb, could I take out the tremelo and have the switches control that. i imagine its very complicated but i'm willing to practice other builds/mods to acquire the necessary skill, i have soldering experience and want to learn to build my own circuits. do I have to find ciruit scimatics and learn to drain voltage safely from the caps?

thanks a lot :)
Of course it's possible. It's possible to turn your Frontman into a 100w Marshall. ;^) It's probably not practical, though; a spring reverb circuit is actually a separate low power speaker level circuit that uses dedicated tubes, and the way it interfaces with the rest of the amp is non-trivial.

Back