AMD X2 - what updates for SP2 needed

lukgier

hi,

First of all I will list my PC gears.
Gigabyte GA-K8NS ULTRA 939 with x2 3800,
Bios - no 10, 2x 1gig Geil sticks, ATI 9550, 2x samsung 250gig and Aardvark DP 2496, XP Pro SP2.
NForce 5.11, AMD driver, and WindowsXP-KB896256-v3-x86-ENU.exe patch with registry modification.

I've just installed a new XP system with all needed drivers mentioned above. The problem is that the DP freezes the system. I switched all unnecessary gear in bios like flop, and other IRQ-taking stuff. I don't have the internet connection so I can't and I don't want to install all XP updates - this is a system just for audio production.

I can't get rid of the note about missing drivers "mass storage controller" in device manager - can't find the proper drivers for it. Do you know how to solve this?

The system freezes - freezes the in/out manager for DP and it makes impossible to restart or shutdown the machine.

In previous system, which updated automaticly, I didn't have such problems - it freezed but not as often as now. I figure out that it must be because of some missing XP updates.

The question is: what critical updates should I install for my system to try to solve the freezing problem.
I don't have internet connection so I don't need the security updates - just those which relate to operating the PC gears.

I would appreciate any help.
regards
lG

Back