AMD Athlon and M-Audio Delta.

baniak

Hi,

I was thinking of building an audio machine, but I want to do it on the cheap as well as good.

So, I was going to get the M-Audio Delta 1010LT, and then build a machine with an Athlon processor at its core.

So, my question is, I know that Athlons are pretty good at audio calculations, etc... but, I was wondering if M-Audio products work well with Athlons, or are they pretty much geared towards Intel Pentium chips.

Thanks.

I use a Delta card with an Athlon chip. I've had issues, but those seem to be OS/driver related. When my machine runs error free (most of the time) it runs like a gazelle.

Straight from the M-Audio FAQ's:

Q.Will my Delta card work with a microprocessor other than an Intel?

A.Yes it will. We don’t have any compatibility issues amongst microprocessors. The Delta cards will work fine with an AMD chip. We’ve seen Cyrix equipped machines have a hard time dealing with the processing, but it may depend on the motherboard being used.

thanks a bunch... I really should have read the FAQ's first... I looked at the Manual online... but I didn't see anything about this.

Thanks again.

I would recommend an nVidia nForce2 chipset-based board, such as the Asus A7N8X. I've heard people have better results with M Audio and Aardvark when using this chipset, as opposed to a Via chipset, which works well with Digidesign and Echo.

Polaris20 said:
I would recommend an nVidia nForce2 chipset-based board, such as the Asus A7N8X. I've heard people have better results with M Audio and Aardvark when using this chipset, as opposed to a Via chipset, which works well with Digidesign and Echo.
actually, i've got that same board polaris and i could not get my audiophile 24/96 to work with it.(that board has the onboard audio also) i have the 2496 back in my via chipset pooter and am having issuse's with N-TRACK not working, but at least it records there. i never found out why the 24/96 SC would not work in the Asus machine. even with suggestions from this forum---so it's still a sticking point. oh well, it's a hassle tearing stuff in and out to see if it all works. a real pain in fact. hell, i'll never get anything recorded playing fulltime tech.jw

Back