Ambientunes - some live ballad recording

lukgier

Hi guys,

here you have my latest mix of a song recorded 3 years ago. I muted some tracks to make it sound more fresh but I hope it sounds full enough though.
All instruments were recorded live - the drums, guitars, violins, bass, volcals :]
The drums were recorded on 4 tracks.

could you compare it with the previous mix of this song

Tell me please what your conclusions about it are.
peace
lG

Excuse the spelling etc when I say Gindobre Pun,
I like it but have one, never ending on my part, complaint - the guitar sounds soooooooooo been there done that has been generic digital pedal. Some real overdrive or tube distortion would have been warmer & matched the human qualities of the voice, violin & piano.
I reckon you could have sustained or continued the (warmed up) guitar line under the returned soft section for a bar or so to soften the contrast between sections in the same way you continued the violin under the returned guitar. The guitar solo under the violin almost does it.- especially as the lines are generally slower & more emotive.
If you get a chance listen to the song Parents from Budgie's album Never Turn Your back On A Friend for a good guitar line/sound.
The organ & flute are a surprise! Maybe too much of one. Esp. the parping chords of the hammond. I LOVE that sound but it doesn't match what you're doing.
Gincooyea for the listen
- it'll be a really good song when you've finished with it.
Cheers
rayC

Back