Am I Fucked?

This is cute, (Six strings. Here's some trivia for you: Some gituras have 12 strings, and base guitars have only 4!!)

Can't spell worth a shit!:D

OK. I have limited knowledge of my Fender Strat specifics, but here are the problems I see:

- I *think* (as in maybe 80% certainty) that CY is a Squier prefix for s/ns. This would be a Chinese neck. EDIT: I looked this up on Wikipedia. CY03 would be a 2003 Squier made in Taiwan.
I looked that up too, found the same.

- Despite the low image quality, it looks like the wood under the Fender logo has been sanded, especially next to the word "Stratocaster".
Yeah, it is pretty obviously sanded as far as I can tell. So there you go..

- That burst looks like Sienna Sunburst, which only comes on special editions and American guitars. For 150 Euros, I doubt it. It could be a Cherryburst Squier. Those Cherrybursts are supposed to be very nice, BTW.

I compared it to pictures of Sienna Sunburst, and Cherryburst, and it doesn´t look like both of them.

- Same for the saddles. Those are shaped like the stamped saddles on a MIA 2-point bridge. Not something you
routinely get for 150 Euros, especially with the 2-point bridge.
Alright, that would be a good thing, right?

- The neck plate has a hole for a micro-tilt neck adjustment. Is there something under that hole that you can tighten with a hex wrench, or is it just wood? If it's just wood, that neck plate doesn't belong on that guitar.
It´s just wood indeed, good point..!

- Fender hasn't put large headstocks on guitars since the late 70s except on reissues, MIM deluxes (like the Deluxe Fat Strats from 5 years ago or so), special editions, and Squiers.

Taking all this into account, my guess is that the guitar is a re-logoed Squier Cherryburst with an aftermarket pickguard. Just a guess, though.

I think you´re right, thanks a lot!

Back