Alternative to lava lamp

buzzard bass

Terminated
If you're like me you have pats, that go in your studio. Now my cats are not destructive, but I hate the idea of boiling oil in my soon to be studio-ish type place. Ever touched a lava lamp on warp? You can get 3rd degree burns just by lookin' at it. My alternative. Plush weird stuff. Toy Vault make 'em. You can get them through Amazon. I'm getting a Cthulhu theme going. Got a Cthulhu on the left monitor, ordered another for the right, and a hand puppet to help mix.

You can get all kinds of weird shit, even a Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch or Knight of Ni!

Your arm's off! No it isn't.

Basil, my koala hand puppet, is a master mixer... something to do with the big furry ears I think... :laughings:

I'm imaging a cat on the desk and motorised faders would be an interesting combo!:D

You are of course going to be wearing the Cthulhu hat and slippers? :D

Cthulhu%20Hat%20-%20Large.jpg

Cthulhu%20Slippers%20-%20Large.jpg

Ouch ..... time out for the dogs. If you hose them down they'll just roll around in the dirt. You can't win.

:cool:

They're weiners. They dig constantly. They kill everything smaller than they are. My backyard is like a concentration camp for critters.

Anything is better than a stupid, cliche lava lamp.

Even the unabridged works of Michael Bolton? Wall warts? Standing waves? No, my friend, perhaps you spoke in haste. There are far worse things that can be found in a studio. Although a lava lamp is indeed cliche, it's ironic cliche, which makes it acceptable. Finally, how can a lamp be stupid?

I sense a little anger and hostility, Greg. Perhaps you feel left out of the re-emergence of the lava lamp as a cultural icon. If this is the case...well, I can't stand to see a fellow HomeRecorder in pain. PM me your address and I will GIVE you my lava lamp. I cannot in good conscience ignore such a serious cry for help.

Rudi

Even the unabridged works of Michael Bolton? Wall warts? Standing waves? No, my friend, perhaps you spoke in haste. There are far worse things that can be found in a studio. Although a lava lamp is indeed cliche, it's ironic cliche, which makes it acceptable. Finally, how can a lamp be stupid?

I sense a little anger and hostility, Greg. Perhaps you feel left out of the re-emergence of the lava lamp as a cultural icon. If this is the case...well, I can't stand to see a fellow HomeRecorder in pain. PM me your address and I will GIVE you my lava lamp. I cannot in good conscience ignore such a serious cry for help.

Rudi

Ironic cliche is even stupider than regular cliche. Sorry, better luck next time. :(

Back