Alternative Metal/Dubstep - Intro + Squeals

It sounds a little disjointed. The sections (from1:40 on and then 2:02 in particular) sound cool on their own but I think they each need to be expanded into their own song to be fully explored.

The kick + snare in the intro is really distracting.
Are they midi triggered? Their timing sounds odd, like it's just been programmed into a midi kit rather than played by a drummer.
Kinda jerky and offbeat. I get what you wanted to do with it, but it needs to be a bit more relaxed in the timing.

You're snare sounds really loose and rattly. I'd get a punchier snare sound.

I hear what SloppyJo's saying with the sudden change in sound at 1:40 and 2:02, but I disagree. Those are good transitions.

Some of your percussion in the dubstep part, I feel could best be described as "farty." I'm not super-excited about those bits. FoulPhil's the only one who's music I want to have to describe as farty.

i like everything in the composition, very very cool... but you have a tendency (as i've listened to some of your stuff) to mix opposite than you should... the slow naked parts always have a much louder "apparent loudness" and the big parts always sound diminished or smaller than the parts that should sound smaller.

Back