Alt metal mix

I think it sounds great...I dont listen to ALT Metal so im probably not the best judge of this type of music however just listening to it as a song mix in general I think it sounds excellent.

Take notes, modern metal people. Finally, a home recorder makes a modern metal mix with an audible bass guitar. Thank you for that. I think the mix is clean and well balanced. Very nicely done. It's refreshing to hear a balanced hard rock mix that's not all guitars and nothing else.

Work on the drums more though. I know plasticky sounds are the norm for this kind of music, but your samples sound robotic. It's probably not the samples as much as the programming. Overall, the drum sounds are fine, but the snare fills sound like a typewriter. Get more variety/humanizing from the snare. Other than that, well done.

get more humanizing from the snare...yeah totally. its so flippin straight its like me and the robot on stage in this mix. Ill tweak it, thanks Greg

Sounds pretty good.

It's probably got more crash cymbal than I like, but that's just a nit-picky personal preference.

Very cool! Sounds great to me. Snare hits on the rolls need some tweaking as Greg said, other than that I'm sold.
Steve might have a point about the crashes too. I can actually hear them so they must be up pretty good :)

Yeah I thought everything sounded pretty good. But the drums are a little machine-gunny in spots.

Personal preference, but I probably would have backed off the distortion on the guitar just a small bit. I think it would give them just a bit more definition. Small nit.

Funny, I actually thought the bass could come up a bit. BUT I CAN HEAR IT. Haha. The drums can come down a little bit.

It kind of reminds me of A Perfect Circle with heavier riffs. Really cool song. I don't have much to say on this one. I agree with the drum comments, so fix those, and you should be golden.

I won't mention the drums again lol

What did you use for the guitar sounds? That's an excellent tone for that style of music really like the song and sound overall! :)

Muzza.

@Muzz i just threw a load of plug ins at a doubled di 7 string. Theyre all the stock throw ins from Digital Performer. When i get a moment ill show the chain and the newer drum mix as well.

Distorted guitars need to come up a bit. And the bass should come down some, too. Maybe bring up the cymbals and hats, too. But its a great sound! Very refreshing to hear. Keep it up.

DON'T lower the bass - if you do anything add a 4db peak at 3khz with a Q of 3 which will give it a little definition & then you won't need to TURN IT UP which is what I would prefer to do.
GOOD STUFF.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

I think after your and my reviews i need most to augment the drum performance then add vocals.

Then, after i have completed the writing and mixing correctly, i think ill make this a mix contest. And as the founder of such things on this forum i will once again offer worthy prizes and patition distinguished judges of local site decent for the occasion.

Back