(almost) beginner setup opinions

magic_joel

So i've bought quite a bit of stuff for my homestudio setup and i just wondered anyones opinions on it? what might be missing? etc

I already have any DAW's and plug-ins i may need so i can forget about those for now.

So what I have now/i will be buying as soon as i come into money...

PreSonus Firepod/FT10
KRK RP6 Monitors
Superlux DRKA5 drum mics
ES57 mics
Mic stands/cables
Sennheiser HD280 headphones

Hopefully i can get my hands on a matched pair of naiant overheads if they ship to the UK too and also an AudioTechnica AT2020 for vocals and what not. The whole setup came to/will come to about £1000 give or take a hundred or so.

Would this provide a suitable setup for some pretty good end results? (provided i know what im doing with it ofcourse :p)

any suggestions or opinions are welcome, thanks!

So i've bought quite a bit of stuff for my homestudio setup and i just wondered anyones opinions on it? what might be missing? etc

I already have any DAW's and plug-ins i may need so i can forget about those for now.

So what I have now/i will be buying as soon as i come into money...

PreSonus Firepod/FT10
KRK RP6 Monitors
Superlux DRKA5 drum mics
ES57 mics
Mic stands/cables
Sennheiser HD280 headphones

Hopefully i can get my hands on a matched pair of naiant overheads if they ship to the UK too and also an AudioTechnica AT2020 for vocals and what not. The whole setup came to/will come to about £1000 give or take a hundred or so.

Would this provide a suitable setup for some pretty good end results? (provided i know what im doing with it ofcourse :p)

any suggestions or opinions are welcome, thanks!
What naiant mics do you want 'cause I've got a few left (brand new) that i bought to sell in the UK. I have X-Ts and X-Ss.

Naiant used to have 2 types of X-Ts, with flat or tailored responses. I bought both but flats are best for overheads. They discontinued the flats after i bought them as a component was discontinued by panasonic (i think :confused:) but they are really good mics. Perfect for drum overheads. They aren't matched but the X-Ts have internal switching options so it'd be pointless to match anyway. For drum overheads, matching isn't necessary anyway.

The X-Ss can also be used for drum overheads also and aren't matched either but i'd recommend the X-Ts anyway, the X-Ss are too small.

X-Ts are £36 each + £3p&p = £75

Your setup looks really decent. I'd really recommend acoustic treatment though.

Back