Allow me to introduce to you Mr. Frank N. Stein.

The performance is great but it sounds a bit muddy or muffled. I had to turn it up (Oh no!!!) and that helped a bit. Having to turn it up is usually good sign right, considering the loudness wars thing? Nice drum bit too. I wish the other band members would have kept their mouths shut while the drummer was doing his thing.

Not an easy tune to cover. Pretty good for live.

By the way, this isn't a Johnny Winter cover. It's an Edgar Winter cover.

The performance is great but it sounds a bit muddy or muffled. I had to turn it up (Oh no!!!) and that helped a bit. Having to turn it up is usually good sign right, considering the loudness wars thing? Nice drum bit too. I wish the other band members would have kept their mouths shut while the drummer was doing his thing.

Interesting that you had to turn it up. I've been trying to back off the master compression/limiting a bit when mixing lately, relying on individual channel compression and limiting.
It appears that it worked, but maybe I backed off too much.

As for the talking during the drum parts, I think that was more to keep the excitement up in the audience. More of a live performance thing than anything else.

Not an easy tune to cover. Pretty good for live.

By the way, this isn't a Johnny Winter cover. It's an Edgar Winter cover.

Caught me. I even knew that and put the wrong slightly pale brother in there. I'll go fix it on the Soundcloud site. Thanks.

I don't think having to turn it up is necessarily a bad thing, it may mean the dynamics have been preserved. Either way I'm listening through a pair of average PC speakers anyhow so I have to listen extra-carefully. Yeah, I get that (the other band member trying hype up the crowd) I just don't agree with it. I figure let the drummer have his time under the spotlight without any interruption. Just a personal pet-peeve of mine. I wonder how the guitar player would take to the drummer screaming through his guitar solo? Hehe!

When it was turned up it sounded good though, so no big deal.

The talking is normal for live act... Good rendition.... mix is good for me....That guitar player is awesome

I've been to more then a couple live shows and screaming over the drummer while he's shining is just bad taste. I agree with you though, the guitar player rocks.

The guys in the band are all around 25 or so years old and all very talented. When I first approached them about recording I mentioned that I started recording in 1974 or so, to which they responded that none of them were even born yet. ;)

Back