Allen & Heath GL3, how good?

DropD

We're about to buy a complete PA system for our band and they're offering us a slightly used Allen & Heath 24-channels GL3 mixer, how good are those?

Also, anyone know if the brand "Acoustic" makes good loud speakers? THey're offereing us 4 full range with 15" woofer, and 2 2X18" subs, all "Acoustic" brand.

Thanks

Hey DropD, the A&H GL 3000 is a worthy console. Good amount of headroom and musical sounding eq's. Lot's of aux sends for it's size.

Acoustic speakers are a hit and miss thing. Have used some years ago that sounded good and other that didn't, so sorry, I can't be of much help there.

But definately get that A & H console. You will definately not be disappointed with it.

Ed

[This message has been edited by sonusman (edited 05-04-2000).]

:D

You use Mackies when you can't afford a A&H!!! :D Not that big of a difference though in price for comparable features. Certainly the A&H is more rugged, and sounds better.

I actually use a GL 4000 all the time for live gigs with one of the companies that I work for doing live mixing. The 4000 is a rocking console! I have used the 3000 on many smaller gigs too and it sound the same, just not as many channels and aux sends, and sub groups. Same preamp and eq's though, and they sound great compared to Mackies.

Hope you get the console... :D

Ed

[This message has been edited by sonusman (edited 05-04-2000).]

Back