Allen and Heath System 8, 16-8 console....opinions?

Cliff K

Hi folks,
I'm thinking about getting an Allen and Heath System 8 16 input 8 buss console. Are these any good, any things to look for or look out for on these? It's suppose to be in very good condition, with the power supply, just some burnt out meter lights (it's got old style needle VU meters). The price is $450. I've outgrown my old Tascam M-308B console, so this will replace it or be linked to it if I hang on to the Tascam. Is this Allen and Heath console a move up from the Tascam M-308B? I know it has more channels and busses, but sonically, the EQs, mic pres, noise, headroom, etc., how does it compare with the Tascam M-308B?
I may be checking it out in the next few days, so I'd like to get a heads-up on it before I go.

Thanks!
Cliff

Allen & Heath Series 8 review/history/used pricing

Interesting, I was courting one of these beauties on ebay a while back, until a Soundcraft 6000 mid-swept me off my feet. Actually, Ms Heath is a more classic beauty, but SC's let's me do more things with her.....ahem.....here's a nice write up on the A & H Series 8:

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/hardware/item.cfm?threadid=2651&lang=0#comments_read

Scroll to the top of the page for all the details and some great pics both full image and close up.

Last edited:
Back