all in one soundcard/pre-amp

anti alias

does anyone know if these are any good? Something like the Aardvark 24/96. I read reviews about it and they said the pre amp is real good but I don't know if those reviews are from real people or the company made them. Anyone who use these all around sound cards? I need some opinions on which one is good.

If you go to Aardvarkaudio.com they have reviews that are from 3 or 4 differet recording magazines that you can trusy: EQ, EM, and others. I recently purchased an Aardvark Q10 for that reason but unfortunately mine was damaged during shipping and I'll let you know how it sounds when I get it.

Overall though, the preamps and clock on the 24/96 and Q10 seem to be of ver high quality. About the only bad thing I heard about this card was that the XP drivers were release way later than they should have been.

Beezoboy

the Aardvark Direct Pro 2496 is a VERY high quality product...the preamps are darn good and everything else about the card totally rocks......

Aardvark

Yes, read the reviews. There only seem to be reviews available for the Q10, but from the description it sounds like they probably use the same discrete pres on the 24/96. (a good question to e-mail them) When first getting started in the computer recording realm I picked up an Aardvark USB3. It's a stereo USB device with 1 preamp. The preamp on this (their bottom of the series) sounds very good, but no phantom power. So to run condensers I have to go in through the line inputs. Wish I had waited and gotten a 24/96.
The USB3's pre sounds great on dynamic mics, and I am impressed with the quality of the device overall. So my next decision is whether to buy a better preamp, or go for the 24/96 and get four independent inputs. I will be very interested to see what you think of the Q10 Beezoboy. And Anti alias I suspect you will like the Aardvark stuff based on my experience with it.
Also, I've heard only positives about their products-aside from the gripe about the late XP drivers.
Tom

I am an actual 24/96 user. I use the breakout box to record thru my Rode NT1, with 48V Phantom power. I also plug some instruments directly in with a 1/4" jack.

I'm extremely satisfied. I use Windows ME.

Seasound's out of business now, but I've got their Solo EX, and it's very nice. 2 decent mic pre's, 2 line in's, S/PDIF I/O on the PCI card, 2 sets of headphone outs, assorted monitor and pre ins/outs...basically a litle mixer in a 2U rack unit.

I think Reliant Audio still has some of the product, and there is an active user support group that includes some of the software developers from the original product-they're currently developing drivers for Win XP.

Anyone else have any experience w/the Solo?

Back