All I have left of this project. [No backups + hd failure = :(]

geet73

OMG!
These are three songs I recorded from a local band. I mixed these down yesterday and my hard drive crashed today. I lost the other band's half of the split completely. Meh. I'm pretty darn happy with these recordings, though. I used all budget equipment and mainly freeware plugins. I and the band were please with the results. It's too bad we couldn't actually finish the project.

The band is called The Wonder Years. I posted a song of theirs a week or two ago.

Moshercize
Gold Digga
Geraldine

Any comments would be appreciated. I will be investing in a backup system whenever I can fork out $500 for it.

I always back up to CD-R. I can fit an average tune (24/44.1) on a disc or two. Although it's still easy to get screwed anytime a computer is involved (if it has tits, tires or a mouse, you're going to have a problem with it). Pretty good job. A couple of observations. I hear what sounds like digital clipping in a spot or two. I'm not looking at it in a wav editor so I'm just guessing. And for this kind of tune I'd want just a little more wool on the drums. That could just be a matter of taste. Pretty cool.

Man, that's really bad. I just recently had a hard drive die on me that I had bought especially for the next recordings of my band. I was SO glad, that we hadn't recorded anything yet. It happened within the warranty period, so I returned it and got a new one, but I don't really feel comfortable using it for the recordings, although it's not a bad disk per se.

Anyhow, I got myself a DVD burner to backup important data. At around 1GB per song, you can stuff four of them on one disc, so it's not even that expensive.

Back