Alesis Studio 32

enferno

I have just recently received an offer from someone I work with that is selling their barley used Alesis Studio 32. Has been under a dust cover, everything checks out okay, clean faders/pots. How do you guys feel about the mixer though? Is it a steal for $300? Ripoff?

Comments please.

enferno said:
I have just recently received an offer from someone I work with that is selling their barley used Alesis Studio 32. Has been under a dust cover, everything checks out okay, clean faders/pots. How do you guys feel about the mixer though? Is it a steal for $300? Ripoff?

Comments please.

It's not a ripoff - it's n OK price.

Look on ebay and see how much they go for, then decide for yourself. I've not heard any bad things about the 32. A couple of glowing reviews I seem to remember...

In my opinion that would be an excellent deal. I bought mine brand new 3 or 4 years ago and paid over 3 times that for it. It's a really nice mixer and so many routing capabilities!

Well, I bought it last night.
I have to say, I am WAY impressed!

It is such a versitile mixer for the price i paid, and is a Major upgrade. THis linked with my delta 1010lt's is such a perfect multi-tracking system.

THe preamps sound very nice, not much coloring to them. THe Eq's are very clean and very good sounding.
THe group outputs are an excellent feature.

Overall, I am very happy thus far.

I've ran it's little brother the studio 24 for about 3 years with no problems and it's got some great features.....like direct out's and in's on every channel. The premps are "Ok" but then I use an outboard pre for most tracking. I've heard of some people claim they have had cross-talk problems but I haven't with mine.

You won't even come close in that price range and get that kind of routing features.

For $300 it's a good deal.

enferno said:
Well, I bought it last night.
I have to say, I am WAY impressed!

It is such a versitile mixer for the price i paid, and is a Major upgrade. THis linked with my delta 1010lt's is such a perfect multi-tracking system.

THe preamps sound very nice, not much coloring to them. THe Eq's are very clean and very good sounding.
THe group outputs are an excellent feature.

Overall, I am very happy thus far.

Glad you're liking it. I told you you would :)
Post an example of what you've done with it for us.

Happy tracking

Back