Alesis SR-16 Output

RyanOD

Does the SR-16 need to be amplified prior to entering a multi-track? I think it does, but I am not sure. If so, what type and power level of amp is needed? Thanks.

RyanOD

The SR-16 line-outs are -10 dbv line-level signals, so NO amplifier is needed to connect it to your multi-track.

Bruce Valeriani
Blue Bear Sound

OK, great. When I connect a single output from the SR-16 to the multi-track line input, I get good input levels. However, if I want to run both the "Main Left" and "Main Right" out of the SR-16 and into the stereo input channel on the multi-track, I get nothing. I have to turn all the level to max to get anything input. Is that because the 2 stereo input channels on the Tascam 564 have no pre-amp on them?? If so, then I guess I can use 2 channels for the drums and mix them down together. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated (no pun intended).

RyanOD

Have you got the level output of the SR-16 set to max? (The big round dial at the top right of the unit)...
I tried looking for schematics of the Tascam 564 without luck... so I can't tell you what those 564 inputs are expecting, but the SR-16 is definitely outputting a signal similar to that of a synth or keyboard... if you have one of those try inputting that to your 564, if the same thing happens, then there's something bizarre with those particular 564 channels...

Good luck... :)

Bruce

Problem solved. Thanks.

I realize this is getting off track, but on the schematics (which I have) channels 1-4 have an amp with a + inside of it, while channels 5-8 have an amp with a - inside of it. What does that indicate?

RyanOD

Back