Alesis Q49 Problems?

DreamlandNoise

I have a new (as in not used) Alesis Q49 keyboard controller that I am using with a brand new Dell Inspiron 17r with an i5 processor and 8gigs of RAM. I've tried using the Ableton Lite software packaged with the keyboard and I've used Reason 5 as well. There is a delay from the time I hit the keys to the time the sound comes out of the speakers. I've tried adjusting buffer and latency settings. Nothing is working. Is this device just a piece of crap or am I missing something?

No, I don't think it's the controller as I have a Q49 as well and it works flawlessly.

Are you running through your computer's built in soundcard?
Latency on those no matter what the settings is always a bit off.

How are you plugging the Alesis into the computer? You need an audio interface that lets you monitor the signal in, rather than monitoring the recorded signal.

Hi DreamlandNoise. I have the QX61 and had the same issue. Look online for ASIO4all, install it and then when you load up ableton go to the audio preferences tab in settings, change audio device to ASIO4all. This will reduce the latency to a near minimum. One gripe though is that (for me anyway) you must go into the windows control panel and disable your speakers input everytime you want to use it.

Back