Alesis NanoSynth CD

bgavin

I just bought a brand new NanoSynth (dated 1998) from an eBay seller. The synth is 100% brand new, complete with warranty cards, manuals, and has apparently never been used.

It did not come with the Alesis CDROM.

Anybody willing to burn me a copy?

I have neither the floppy nor the CD, and would appreciate anybody sending me the floppy in a ZIP file.

I spent Sunday getting acquainted with the NanoSynth. After so much used gear, it was a treat opening a brand new piece of gear. It even came with all the box candy and warranty card.

I've just scratched the surface with the tones, but the sax section is sufficient for what I need in live performance. The solo tone isn't all that believable, but it sits very well in a mix.

My Hammond XK-2 is capable of driving multiple MIDI channels so I can eventually access the programs not available by knob settings.

If you can't get the files you need bgavin, you might try Alesis directly. My friend bought a used QuadraSynth awhile back, which came with no manuals or nothing. He emailed Alesis directly (at customer service), explaining he was a longtime customer, and future purchaser, who needed help getting all this stuff for an outdated piece of gear, and they sent everything he needed. Whereas it is simply some files you need, a rep might be happy to help you, as it would only probably take him a minute to e-mail you the files. Korg did the same for me with some MIDI implemantation charts for an N5 that I had gotten used. Normally I would have had to pay $40 for the manual through Korgs repair shop, just for that chart. Can't hurt to try.

Done.

I've been tinkering with the NanoSynth the last few days. Very interesting piece of gear. There are enough horn and brass to do exactly what I want for live work. The pianos are poor, except for a Saloon Piano (Prog3, Bank2) that is pretty tasty for Gold Rush era tunes. My NanoPiano is *much* better for this.

The Guitars are unusable as such. Interesting tones, though.

There is one single Organ patch that is *perfect*. Prog19, Bank1, Full Ranks does a PERFECT tone for the Tocatta and Fugue in Dm (phantom of the opera).

The strings are a few of the harpsichords are also very tasty. All told, I'm 100% happy with the $120 I spent for the synth. And yes, I'd still like to own a PC2R...

[ edit ]

I forgot to add, the sitar and banjos are very good. My band is going to do Paint It Black, and the sitar works perfectly for this.

Back