Alesis Multimix16 f/w with Cubase SX setup configuration???

tribal

Hi, I read pretty much of the manual but it didn't help me setting up my system,( call me dummie) if anyone kind enough to pass me how to set up multimix 16 f/w with Cubase SX, the basic setting of computer and multimix so that I could record 16 or 18 track sitimulately , I would be much appreciate, Thank you.

Van

My home studio is set! If you need help set up for multimix f/w with cubase sx let me know I'll try to help

Cheers,V

I'm glad to hear it's working out for you. I'm quite interested in this interface. What sort of PC are you using? Type of mic's? Get good levels? Do you use a power cord or the firewire supplied power?

I'm thinking about getting a half decent laptop, but I'm wondering about the sound quality and performance via a firewire connection like the multimix12 (need the portability). What OS are you using, and do you experience dropouts or monitoring issues?

I'm using desktop pentium4 duo processer 3.0G,XP home, It handle pretty easy.I reccommend using two monitors cause it a lot easier controlling the plugins etc.. but since u r trying to use laptop I don't know what to than get the best system possible you can go wrong about that. Try to get a system better than the requirement or recommended from the manufacturer eg. if they say 256M use 512M... I recorded acoustic music a couple days ago through firewire, I'm pretty happy about the sound quality, I don't have any problems at all icluding dropout or latency issue. You just need to know how set up correctly..

Cheers,V

Back