Alesis MultiMix 16 USB2.0 playback problem..

maffeyew

Right.
when I record something with it, it's fine and dandy. but when I play a track back, like in Cubase or something, it slowly develops this really back crackling noise until you can't even hear the track being played. When you unplug the USB then plug it back in again it's fine for another 5 mins and then it starts up again. This isn't a fault with my computer cuz' when I play the track through headphones or speakers coming from my laptop (3.5mm jack output) it's fine? My computer has 6gb of ram and an i5 processor so I doubt that it can't handle it..
I have no idea what's going on and it's reaaaaaaalllly annoying when your mid way through playing with a drum track and it starts doing it !

Somebody help please!

i'm a 'noob' too all this too - so go easy please..

dayumn..
i reinstalled the driver and it seems to be working.. :O
i shall thoroughly test it tomorrow!
cheers, :-)

Is it possible you are using a USB 1.0 cable? They aren't rated as high as 2.0 cables - did the unit come with a cable?

it didn't come with the cable so yeah, there could be a possibility.. is there a way to tell them apart?

There is no standard so some cables will be marked USB 2.0 some will not. They are not expensive online - they are very expensive at stores like office depot - might be worth a shot to pick one up that you know for sure is USB 2.0 and give that a try

i have the same problem

i have the same problem exactly.
i7 processor , 8 gig ram so computer is fine.
iv tried numerous cables , usb1 and 2 in usb 2 and three slots.
updated and reinstalled drivers and firmware and tried every latency setting with alesis drivers with no avail.
the problem comes along after about five minutes of playback, even if just playing back through zune.
i wrote to alesis and they seemed to think it was a faulty unit which has now been sent back to the shop where i bought it.
they are testing it but havent found anything wrong so far.
im not convinced wether it is hardware or software problem as of yet.

on battery not an option, mains power only. . .

i have the same problem exactly.
i7 processor , 8 gig ram so computer is fine.
iv tried numerous cables , usb1 and 2 in usb 2 and three slots.
updated and reinstalled drivers and firmware and tried every latency setting with alesis drivers with no avail.
the problem comes along after about five minutes of playback, even if just playing back through zune.
i wrote to alesis and they seemed to think it was a faulty unit which has now been sent back to the shop where i bought it.
they are testing it but havent found anything wrong so far.
im not convinced wether it is hardware or software problem as of yet.

on battery not an option, mains power only. . .

have you disabled all other audio drivers and circuits - may have to check your BIOS. But if you have any other audio stuff in there it could cause issues. Especially if windows is trying to use some on-board audio or sound card circuit and your DAW is using the Alesis.

Back