Alesis multimix 16 usb to mac with cubase

Doc1

OK, I've got a MacBook Pro with 10.16 Catalina, I have Cubase Elements 11, and an Alesis Multimix 16 USB 2.0 mixer. In the Cubase it sees all 16 channels in the ableton, but I get no audio, I tried all the global settings, what am I missing?

OK, I've got a MacBook Pro with 10.16 Catalina, I have Cubase Elements 11, and an Alesis Multimix 16 USB 2.0 mixer. In the Cubase it sees all 16 channels in the ableton, but I get no audio, I tried all the global settings, what am I missing?
Ableton? Do you mean Alesis?

And, what does "I get no audio" mean? Are you recording or playing back in Cubase? Playing back in iTunes or a YouTube video? Monitoring on headphones plugged into the Alesis? Or what, exactly?

If you have the Alesis set as both the input and output device in System Sound settings, check the Cubase app (which I'm not familiar with) Preferences to see if you have to also set the input and output device there.

After you've checked that, the first thing I saw that is possibly a problem was that on the Alesis site, the mixer support (and driver downloads) list only goes to OS X 10.11, while your system is on 10.15. Did you download the last version and did it install? The big "leap" taken when going to Catalina was that was the first version that is 64-bit only, i.e., there's no ability to run 32-bit apps, so if there was any dependency on 32-bit components, you've potentially got a real problem.

Back