Alesis io26 vs. Konnekt 8 / 6

velvetcrush

Hey guys/gals -

Buying a new interface in a few days. Had to sell my firebox because I was so dissappointed with the pres. I know I should be using a dmp3 or the like for pres, but I'm tight budgeted and am looking for an interface with some good pres. Between the alesis io26 (which I like for the extra inputs) and the tc konnekt line (live, 6 , or 8), which of these have the better pres. I know the alesis has 8 pres, but do they cut corners in quality. I don't want to go Motu, because I can't find anything cheap enough, and I'll never buy presonus again (becuase my firestation and firebox were total garbage as were the drivers for both.)

Thanks

the firebox was that bad?

I guess I'll keep saving for the motu 8pre... sorry I don't know much about the interfaces you mentioned. but if the alesis 1/o26 has 8 pres and is cheap enough for you I doubt it would be much better ( i've never tried it though)

Can't say about the Konekt but I have the Alesis I|O 14 (same as the 26 but less inputs, it's been discontinued). I have had no problems with it. The quality is good and clear. Hardware direct monitoring is great. Two headphone outs. "Ladder" lighted level meters. Phantom power on input pairs. I'm quite happy with it.

the firebox wasn't a complete bust altogether. The pre's were horrible, as were the drivers. The monitoring wasn't bad. The converters were great. The firebox is a very good interface for the money if you have the extra cash to get a dedicated pre, which I didn't. I'd definitely go with the 8pre over it though. I've used one at a friends studio and it sounded great even using a just a beta 58 and studio projects b1.

I think I may end up with the alesis io26, someone is selling one for 250$.

Back