Alesis IO 26 setup problems...

BlahZayy1190

Hi All!

Im new to the forums, but not to music production. I've recently picked up the Alesis IO 26 and I've installed it and have all the drivers, but the problem comes in when Im trying to set it up as my default sound and set it up inside Cubase LE 4. The following is from the document manual:

4. Once Cubase LE 4 is completely started up, select the Devices menu from the top of
the screen and choose Device Setup.
5. In the window that opens, select VST Audio System from the left-hand side of the
screen.

My problem is when I choose "Devices>Device Setup", VST Audio System doesnt show up at all. On my screen it just shows, two open folder pertaining to MIDI and Video, with Video Player and the ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver open. No devices are shown.

My Windows computer is running Vista 32 bit at the moment, but it came shipped with 64 bit. Could it be that nothing is showing up because the system shipped with Vista 64-bit installed?

Last edited:
Alesis iO 26 + Cubase SX3

Hi!

I'm having quite the same problem with this sound card.

I'm trying to use an Alesis iO 26 with Cubase SX3. But after I selected 'Alesis Firewire' at the Devices Setup, a window shows up with an error message: "Error code: 5" or sometimes: "Error code: aa"

I've tried a lot of things to solve this problem by reinstalling drivers, the software and even Windows, but nothing has changed.

I'm talking about a quite old computer: 2 Ghz AMD CPU with 768 MB RAM, runnin' WinXP Pro SP3 and the funny thing is that I can use this Alesis + Cubase 'combo' on my laptop (HP Compaq nx9420) without any problems.

Can anybody help me please?

Thanks

Back