Alesis Fusion hiatus

Anthony

8-bit gen. (Volken)
'

Few days ago, while I often voyage from my favorite SynthZone to see what is new… I went to see what is new with Alesis.

One look at the Fusion pages and this is what made me unhappy.

First of all, you can say (those who actually tried this machine) whatever you want. But, Alesis really achieved something to salute when you consider the price and everything supplied. This is almost universal sentiment many people I know share about the Fusion.

The bitter part is on the inside. It has everything on the surface. But when you dig deeper into Fusion, soon you break into displeasure with sounds. Not bad in way that you couldn't employ them, but overall felling is, they are simply second choice if you compare Fusion with the Japan boys.

This thing received many bad reviews and Alesis is clearly not making great earnings from Fusion. The price alone is more then superb, now if the maker itself are throwing a monitors into the bargain. You can be certain many dealers (with remains) would surely emulate this and throw
something similar.

My point in all of this is just a hope. Hope that this wont discourage Alesis to abandon this machine. If only they would take more seriously the whole of Fusion and make later revisions, I'm sure Fusion could become success. Besides the obvious flaws everything about Fusion (if you consider the value) is really positive. I even find this design as very original and attractive.

'

:D Yo Antonio: [I have the same middle name! ;) ]

Well, to tell you the truth, I have NEVER liked Alesis keyboards. They need to take a lesson in screen size. The LCD view screen on the board I had, and sold quickly, was WAY too small. Sounds are sounds. Patches are patches. However, my Alesis board did not very good sounds. But, being over 39, I enjoy good bright visible LCD screens.

Alesis did a good job with their famed recorders but they don't do too much with keyboards and monitors IMHO.

Compared to the Yam Motif I now use, well, there is no comparison.

Merry Christmas

Green Hornet

I like my Fusion, but the default sounds don't measure up to Kurz or Yam. And the deal was about the same with my QS-8. Great feeling board, though.

The deal with Fusion is its potential. But gotta find time to make that happen...

dafduc said:
I like my Fusion, but the default sounds don't measure up to Kurz or Yam. And the deal was about the same with my QS-8. Great feeling board, though.
The deal with Fusion is its potential. But gotta find time to make that happen...

I know, that becomes clear after you spend some time playing those sounds. But still as we agree (again today) it has potential.

You have also nice little community : Fusion

The Green Hornet said:
:D Yo Antonio: [I have the same middle name! ;) ]Well, to tell you the truth, I have NEVER liked Alesis keyboards. They need to take a lesson in screen size. The LCD view screen on the board I had, and sold quickly, was WAY too small. Sounds are sounds. Patches are patches. However, my Alesis board did not very good sounds. But, being over 39, I enjoy good bright visible LCD screens.

I remember Quadrasynth, great poly, very nice sounds, not too bad sounding either. It was even competitive then. Never felt the need to own that Synth, but it was good attempt and good introduction.

The Green Hornet said:
Alesis did a good job with their famed recorders but they don't do too much with keyboards and monitors IMHO.
Compared to the Yam Motif I now use, well, there is no comparison Merry Christmas Green Hornet

Long time accumulated experience does not come easy.
If you want to jump over that, in this case, with sound dept. - to really compete with competition. You HAVE TO hire the best names to make that happen. But that can be astronomical, and Alesis could never afford that in extent they would like to. Many people think that even Japan boys are without limitation when it comes to founding. But in reality, things are much more economical. Too many thing for them to consider, particularly in making plans for future products.

Back