Alesis Firewire?

Brad_C

Have anybody here used this system and does it work/sound good or what. Please tell me everything possible.

Works pretty good if you've got enough computer and the right firewire card.. There doesn't seen to be one exact model for how firewire works, so there's a chance you can come across some incompatablilities.. I went through 3 firewire cards and 2 laptops before I got the MultiMix16 Firewire working halfway right.. Still have an issue or two... Can't run the latest firmware update and drivers..

Check this thread for a lotta info on the MM16FW and some of the problems a couple of us have had getting it stable..
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=174948

--
Rob

Do you mean the Alesis Fireport?

Only way to go.

It is a breeze to use - I depend on it daily from my HD24.

IMHO no other way that the transfer can be done as fast or secure

how do i know if my computer can use firewire currently?

the new case I bought has a firewire port, but the card I have I am unsure. Actually I don't know if the card has anything to do with it or not. By card I mean my motherboard. the motherboard I have is the: MSI K8N Neo 2 (socket 939).

what would i need to use firewire with it? I want to be able to use the alesis multimix 16 firewire. I am a newb that really doesn't know the difference between the firewire version and the usb version. I have read it allows you to record more on a computer. Can you still use the firewire version for a small PA system for live audio as well?

Back