Alesis DM6 - different configurations for sale?

sup3rson1c

Hi all,

Bought a DM6 for $279.99 after doing some research on it. I new to the drums for the most part, but am musically inclined (playing guitar for 15 years+).

My question is that when I got this kit home, I noticed that it doesn't have the kick pedal set up like I've seen online with the DM6's that were reviewed.

Is this set completely different? The toms are 7.5" and they look a little small. Is the kick pedal set up available separately?

thanks for any help!

IMAG0273.jpgIMAG0271.jpg

Looks like you got an ok kit with a piece of shit excuse for a kick drum pedal setup.

You can literally get whatever you want to replace it (kick drum pedal + whatever manufacturer you like's kick drum trigger pad)

But yeah spring loaded pressure pedal for the kick? YEAH NO.

There is this guy, comes with the more expensive models. You will find that trigger pads are not that cheap, it's better to shell a little more up front when buying these things that to upgrade the pads down the road.

Alesis DMPad Kick Pad Drum Trigger with Stand

Although I think this one includes a pedal (although I can't see it being all that great).

There is this guy, comes with the more expensive models. You will find that trigger pads are not that cheap, it's better to shell a little more up front when buying these things that to upgrade the pads down the road.

<url goes here, yeah>

Although I think this one includes a pedal (although I can't see it being all that great).

Thanks man, I appreciate the follow-up. This set is a bit confusing. I emailed Alesis and posted on their "forum" and even they're not 100% sure wtf this set is. Ugh, frustrating. I may just pack it up and bring it back and pay more money to get the proper DM6 set. Looks like if I get the Kick Pad trigger you linked to (thanks for that) I'd have to shell for the pedal on top of that which puts me around the cost of the standard DM6. It all boils down to is "it worth my time" at this point :)

On another note, your studio is killer. I'm digging your tracks, especially track 6.

Thanks man. I'm just speaking from experience. It was $100 to add another cymbal (and it was a cheap one) to my e kit. It just seems better to shell just a little bit more to get what you want from the get go. The other DM6 looks like it has better pads anyway.

Yeah, I'm a little pissed that this kit is not even listed on Alesis' site, so I kind of had to go in blind not knowing some of the features. It's getting boxed up tonight and brought back. I'll order the DM6 online.

Exactly. Now I'm contemplating getting the Roland TD4K2. Looks like a much better kit and probably the best for <$1000. Thoughts?

I love my Td3 and played my friends TD4.

It's a great kit, especially when paired with something like superior drummer 2, or addictive drummer or the like.

Yeah all the good shit I'm hearing online is with Addictive... $99 is tits, man, thanks for the head's up! I just noticed that I'll need to buy a proper pedal for the TD4 as well? Ugh. Suggestions without breaking the bank I already broke? Looking for a decent deal on that kit but everywhere it's $1k.

Checking your samples link now..

Yeah, maybe for the pedal, but spending another hundred or two guarantees me some sort of warranty. Boy those samples are awesome, but to my untrained drummer's ear, they don't sound radically different from each other but certainly spanks the shit out of my Alesis DM4.

Now I have my mind set on the Roland TD-4KX2-S. I've been trying to see if there's a new model coming, but don't see one for this year.

Back