Alesis D4 - external trigger troubles...

jthomas

Hi all,
Anyone know the D4 backwards and forwards? Problem: I've got good external trigger pads going into the external-in channels, I can see good trigger levels coming through in the Ext Trigger displays, but there's no audio coming out. The Preview button gives audio when I tap on it, but nothing from the triggers. Even wierder, I HAD external triggers putting out sound before, but I have since hooked up the midi. Tried the following:
- unplugging the midi in/out cables, no luck.
- got the Sensitivity curve setting way up at 7 (like I said, I can see good ext trigger response in the meter).

What am I missing? Thanx!
john t., Tujunga, CA

i think im not sure

i aint used the D4 for about 18 months or so but you might want to look up the manual and check your trigger source. i can remember having a similar problem before and i think it was on the D4 it was set to a midi trigger but i wanted an audio trigger...

Alesis D4 trigger trouble.... solved

thanks A, guess what: no more trouble. The thing tricked me. I just needed to be 'rebooted' (why do we have to keep saying that?). I hooked up the triggers when the unit was on, when I restarted, I had full audio signal. Sorry to bother everyone with this. Cheers,
jt

Back