Alesis D4 - external trigger trouble..

jthomas

Hi all,
Anyone know the D4 backwards and forwards? Problem: I've got good external trigger pads going into the external-in channels, I can see good trigger levels coming through in the Ext Trigger displays, but there's no audio coming out. The Preview button gives audio when I tap on it, but nothing from the triggers. Even wierder, I HAD external triggers putting out sound before, but I have since hooked up the midi. Tried the following:
- unplugging the midi in/out cables, no luck.
- got the Sensitivity curve setting way up at 7 (like I said, I can see good ext trigger response in the meter).

What am I missing? Thanx!
john t., Tujunga, CA

I'm not as familiar with the DM-4 as the DM-5 & DM Pro.

I look first to make sure that you have the audio routed to the correct audio output, that would be the most likely reason. How about the volume and mix parameters? Are they set correctly for that trigger channel? And finally... The DM-Pro comes with a hardwire No Sound patch for special stage use.

Just a couiple of thoughts... (Though my DM Pro is currently winging it's way to the west coast with some trigger problems of it's own)

Steve

D4 trigger trouble

Hi Steve,
Thanks. Guess what. Not a problem anymore. The thing tricked me, it just needed to be 'rebooted' (agh!). I had the unit on when I set up the triggers, guess it didn't recognize them at first. I started it up the next day and had full audio, etc. I knew it was going to be something stupid like that, as I had it working befor.
Thanks for the response.
jt

Back