ALESIS Blackface

WykedPT

If anyone is interested,I have a nice blackface for sale on Ebay. It has 550 hrs on a newer head. It was replaced around 2 yrs ago. Have $170 on it but taking offers...Comes with a new idler wheel,LRC and 3 tapes..Idler wheel in recorder was replaced when the new head was installed.. Thanks

Attachments

• 20230112_095135.jpg
    20230112_095135.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
I couldn't give them things away. I had to force people to take them as parts of trades. I still have one I could use as a boat anchor.
Just my experience with them.

Hi dogooder.....I'll have to agree with that. One of the only reasons I still use them now and then is because I can work on them...Since I hooked up the HD I haven't really used the ADAT's except to transfer a few tracks to the HD. I guess I'm old school (pushing 71) and I just like knobs and buttons. I have Studio One professional but I really don't like to sit at the computer and record with it...Too much stuff to play with on it.....

Hi dogooder.....I'll have to agree with that. One of the only reasons I still use them now and then is because I can work on them...Since I hooked up the HD I haven't really used the ADAT's except to transfer a few tracks to the HD. I guess I'm old school (pushing 71) and I just like knobs and buttons. I have Studio One professional but I really don't like to sit at the computer and record with it...Too much stuff to play with on it.....
Same here, about to be 71. I now use the HD24. Computers, funk them, every six months or so you have to buy something new or pay for someones license. Also I don't want to wade through dozens of parameters to get what I want. I did too much of that programming CNC machines. I also run a Linux OS. I won't touch MS or Apple.

Back