Alesis 32 or Behringer 32

that isn't an upgrade

i used an alesis board before, gonna be noisier than the behr

save your money

hey thanks i appreciate it. what would you suggest in lu of that has more chanels then what i got now. thank you

:cool: Allen-heath has a mixer in that market, but it's higher priced and fewer features, but made much better.........

da MUTT

:confused: Alesis or Behringer?? They both build the same thing, behri copied alesis.........

I have the behri for remotes that I use with my da-38. The mic pre's are fair, not very noisey at all, not as good as my tascam boards pre's, Alesis a little noisey er than behri's.........

da MUTT

muttley said:
:confused: Alesis or Behringer?? They both build the same thing, behri copied alesis.........

I have the behri for remotes that I use with my da-38. The mic pre's are fair, not very noisey at all, not as good as my tascam boards pre's, Alesis a little noisey er than behri's.........

da MUTT

I don't totally agree with your statement mutt.

I have owned a Behringer mixer, and now own both the S-24 & 32,a Mackie 102 and a Topaz 24/8.

Pre input sensitivity ratings on Beh' mixers are rated at least 5-6 db's lower than Alesis. Also in comparison, Beh's eq range in mids & lows are cut by approx 7-8hz(which may not be important, yet that small diff can hinder the dynamics of a tracks signal).
Also, with it's huge,heat producing transformer with little means of heat dissapation, the Beh's mixers are more apt to produce inherent noise artifacts that are noticeable than the Alesis.
Finally Behringer DID NOT copy Alesis mixers; they replicated Mackie's line of boards of which they were sued and rightfully so.
Though Alesis Studio series are your average basic analog board,they are a step up from Behringer and below Mackie's.
I agree with Allen & Heath while also suggesting Soundtracs for
capable use but to say Alesis are worse indicates that you maynot
have A/B'd them both in overall perf,operation and construction,
I have and realized I shoulda'saved my money by not buying either 1 of 'em btu giventhe choice between the 2, the Alesis is a tad better.

Peace
MISTERQCUE

Back