Alchuck, calling Alchuck

shem

Hello, I am very discouraged using Pro Audio 9 . I am lazy and it seems so complex! I have heard that you are a whiz with this program and wonder how long it took you to fully understand and utilize all of the options this program provides? Do you use MIDI and mix that with audio? Do you quantize and change keys of events and if so when for example would you do that? I appreciate anyones posts here as I am getting ready to just ditch this program because of shere complexity (it that a word?) oh well lets see...:(

Hello, I am very discouraged using Pro Audio 9 . I am lazy and it seems so complex!
Can't help too much about the lazy part except that I can relate. And it seems complex because it is complex. Not much you can do about that except keep at it.

I have heard that you are a whiz with this program and wonder how long it took you to fully understand and utilize all of the options this program provides?

Funny how rumors start... I am no more or less a whiz than anyone who uses Cakewalk, I just seem to post a lot and I can usually write fairly clearly. It took me years to really feel fairly confident about how to use it, partly because I didn't use it very much until a little over a year ago, I just fiddled with it a little.

Do you use MIDI and mix that with audio? Do you quantize and change keys of events and if so when for example would you do that?

Yes, I use both MIDI and audio. I occasionally quantize to improve the timing of my bad keyboard playing; same with key changes. Sometimes a part repeats verbatim but up a fourth or fifth, so it's really easy to just make a copy and shift that section's pitch accordingly.

I appreciate anyones posts here as I am getting ready to just ditch this program because of shere complexity (it that a word?)

The word is "sheer." Don't ditch it yet, because chances are fair to good that any other application will offer you the same frustration -- different in details but the same in principle.

Thank you, your posts are very clear and appreciated. I will keep "fiddling" with it then and maybe after a couple years I'll be able to answer questions about it too!:) Hey do you know how many posts it takes to reach a "Junior" status here, I cant wait!!:D

Purchase the book Cakewalk Power. It really explains a lot and is a lot easier read than the Cakewalk manual. It will take you step by step on a lot of procedures.

Hey Shem, ya gotta get 50 posts to up grade from newbie to junior member, 100 posts to senior member, 250 posts expert member (and you also get to put up a cool custom avatar), 500 force of nature, and at the big 1,000 *poof* you magically become a "recording genius" and you then know all there is to know about recording......ohhh I can't wait. :D

-tkr

Thanks you guys!:D I will check that book out , anything different than the manual will be appreciated. Wow , i only have 10 more posts to make or so and i will be a "junior member" :D Oh the knowledge that I will possess!! Watch out, im gonna get a lot smarter after that!:) (yeah, smarter ass)

Hi Jim and Alchuck,

Thanks so much for spreading the word! I really appreciate it.

Shem,

You may also be interested in my free newsletter (see below).

Thanks!
Scott

--
Scott R. Garrigus - Author of the Cakewalk Power!, Sound Forge Power!, and SONAR Power! books, and Publisher of the DigiFreq music technology newsletter. Learn about cool tips and techniques for your music software by getting a FREE subscription to DigiFreq... go to:
http://www.garrigus.com/

Back