Album recorded in my kitchen on an MR8

cardiff jon

I've compiled an album, Closure, now available at www.soundclick.com/jonblake, very well received so far, all made on an MR8 with fairly inexpensive equipment. Be interested in views on this - I've learnt a lot as I've gone along how to get the most out of this great little box, but always willing to learn more (or pass on tips if there's anything you like the sound of).

well done

I was listening for a while but now it’s too late and I have to go to bed.
Love your acoustic guitar sound, vocals too. Catchy tunes!
I did not get those sounds in Queen Of Denial .
Actually it was an excellent song but all those sounds around was not my cup of tee.
I would like to hear acoustic version of it.
I’ll continue to listen tomorrow at work.
Well done!
sikter

Thanks Sikter - you're not the first to say that about QOD - I just like to try different arrangements, but maybe I should do that one again.
Everyone seems to like the guitar sound - it's a Tanglewood Earth 200 into a Shure (58 beta? something like that, but not too expensive). That guitar is just the best for the money - shame they don't make them anymore.

i retired my MR8, but it did the job. I listened to like 2 songs, but i really liked Come Home Soon. Very catchy and i can relate to this style of music. :cool:

Thanks Rockabilly. I hope you retired the wee red box of doom for something even better. Since I posted this 'Closure' has gone way up in the Soundclick acoustic chart, and if anyone wants to help it a little further (my first no 1 even?), please do!

Back