Akg270 Headphones

SSgtP

I just got a pair of AKG 270 headphones, that came with the Tascam 788 recording package that I purchased through MF. I am getting a terrible fuzzy/buzz sound when the volume get's even mildly loud. Is this something common with these phones? I was always under the assumption that AKG 270's were one of the best. Should I send them back?

P

Are you pushing a lot of low frequency bass through them? Try listening to a commercial recording and see if it still happens.

Good Luck.

Actually, I did try this, last night. I listened to a cd through my stereo. Sounded perfect. I was getting the bad fuzz, when I had it plugged into my J-station. It is mainly when I hit the low E and A string. I have a cheap pair of KOSS phones, and they don't do this.

Maybe I'm just looking for the AKG's to do something that their not designed to do. Through my stereo, the sound quality truely was better, but I can't understand why these quality(expensive) phones would distort through my J-station, while my elcheapos work fine.

P

Yo SS G t & P:]

Off hand I say you might have a bad plug or plug-socket? Try wiggling the plug when connected and see if your fuzzy-wuzzy stuff comes bouncing through.

Usually I promo the Beyer 770 cans; but I've used AKG's in the past. Better image of sound with the Beyer cans.

However, I'm doing something different with a couple of vocalists. I am using KOSS wireless cans for the talent so they are wire-free and can move better when into a song. Also, the Koss cans have a volume control which lets me input as loud as I want without bothering the talent.

I am currently waiting for a pair of HBL wireless cans that are in the 900 mgH catagory. I think these cans will be great for vocalists and for me. I can sit outside of my crib, stir a martini, and listen to anything from inside my studio. Can't wait to try the JBL cans.

Have you tried another pair of cans to see if they do the same thing?

Green Hornet

Back