Akg????

aprilchangedme

hello everybody. I just stumbled across an AKG acoustics D 70 mic. ANyone know anything about it? besides that it is made in austria? What is it good for recording? please help! thanks alot. -sean

I cant find a model D 70 made by Akg, however I did find a model D 770. The D refers to the fact that it is a dynamic (cardioid pattern) mic. No one seems to have this thing in stock, but AKG's site describes it as a live situation instrument or background vocal mic.

No, it's not a D770, which BTW, GC is doing right now as a 3-pack. You can talk them down to $120 for all 3. The D70 is a discontinued dynamic that is OK on snare and sax/brass. You can use it for anything you would use an SM57 for, including backing vocals and cabs. A rare vintage mic? No. A usable dynamic? Yes. About $50, give or take. I think you'll find that dominance of the live stage mic market by Shure in the USA from the 60's through the 90's, means that some very good AKG dynamics were made that are very little known by the recording people in the US. They are much better known in Europe. I'm a little different in that I use AKG dynamics a whole lot, both on stage, and in the studio. Good luck.-Richie

Back