AKG c4000 or Rode NTK

In Tune Audio

Hello all.

I'm looking for anyone that has used either the AKG C4000 or the Rode NTK. I'm hoping to pick up one or the other in the next couple of weeks, and there right in my price range.

It would be used mainly for vocals, but possibly some other things. I already have a couple of Rode and AKG mics and have been quite happy with them, but want to upgrade, (That and I'm a gear pig, and just want more mics).

So if anyone has any opinions, recommendations, grievances of any kind with these mics, I would appreciate the feedback.

i own an ntk.. use it alot
if I were in your position, I would check out the adk tube or the studio projects
In His Name
Big Kenny

^^

The 4000B is a good mike.. Mid rangy with a mellow top end.. Definately not hyped.. I would consider it a guitar/vocal mike...

I can't offer a comparison between the two, but I can tell you I like my NTK a lot. It was as great a vocal mic as I expected, but the suprise was how great it sounds in front of various acoustic instruments, where it is much more detailed than I would have expected for a tube LDC. Only hazard area is with sybillant singers, where it tends to need de-essing. Besides that, it's an awesome mic that will never get traded or upgraded out of my locker.

Cheers, RD

C4000B

The AKG C 4000B is one of my all around favorite mics for many things it works extremely well...acoustic guitar, electric guitar, vocals, room mic'ing, the works! It's a solid workhorse and worth every cent. Besides it's at an already nice price point & is DEAD QUIET. Remember too that this mic was the very first of its type to be this quiet. That was only one of the small factors why I chose it. I much prefer it over the C414B-ULS any day! If I had to get a C414 I'd pick the TL-II version.

Back